|Full Name:||D'Andre Tiyon Swift|
|Place of Birth:||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Parents:||Darren Swift, Ayanna Swift|
D'Andre Swift Stats, Bio, Age, Net Worth, & Career
D'Andre Tiyon Swift is a running back in the National Football league who plays for the Detroit Lions.
After a robust college career, Swift has fit in seamlessly in the professional ranks. With explosive speed, he has lived up to the expectations set by his name and looks to have a bright future ahead of him.
D'Andre Swift Football Career
D’Andre Swift played his high school football at St. Joseph’s Preparatory School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He lit it up during his senior season at St. Joseph’s, rushing for over 1,500 yards and racking up 25 touchdowns on the ground during his final season.
Thanks to his stellar play on the field, he had his pick of several top collegiate programs, and chose to play for the Georgia Bulldogs.
At the University of Georgia, Swift was a part of one of the most loaded backfields in recent college football history. His backfield mates in Athens were Nick Chubb and Sony Michel, both of whom have also been successful in the NFL. But Swift had a productive college career in spite of the competition, averaging over six yards per carry in all three of his collegiate seasons.
He scored 25 total touchdowns over three years and was named an all-SEC first team selection in 2019.
D’Andre Swift was selected in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft by the Detroit Lions. During his rookie season, Swift has been used frequently in the team’s offense, and has been one of the bright spots for a struggling Detroit franchise.
Swift became the first Lions rookie since Barry Sanders to score two touchdowns in a single game, making him the first Lion to achieve the feat since 1989.
D'Andre Swift Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements & Career Earnings
D’Andre Swift signed a four year, $8.5 million rookie contract with the Detroit Lions following the 2020 NFL Draft.
Swift has yet to rack up any notable endorsement deals, though that will likely change as he continues to be productive in the NFL. For now, his rookie contract is the only source of on-field earnings he has had.
D'Andre Swift Personal Life
D’Andre Swift is the son of Darren Swift and Ayanna Swift. The Swift family also included younger sisters, who Swift was protective of growing up, though the number of siblings Swift has is unknown at this time. Swift is not currently in a relationship that is in the public eye, and he does not have any children.
Awards & Achievements
D'Andre Swift Quotes
- On having multiple running backs on his team from the SEC: “It’s amazing – that just speaks volumes to the conference. I think some of the best players come through the SEC.”
- On being drafted by the Lions: “The first thing that came to my mind was Barry Sanders, he’s my favorite back of all-time. I didn’t really know too much about them. I don’t have a favorite football team, I just like watching football in general.”
- On what he wants to show in the NFL that he didn’t get to at Georgia: “I think just getting into space a lot more, but at the running routes in the slot versus whoever.”
D'Andre Swift Fun Facts
- Swift ran a 4.48 40 yard dash at the NFL combine, confirming the fact that he is swift.
- He went to the same college as Lions quarterback Matt Stafford
- He used to wear soccer cleats while playing in high school, before being forced to change over to football cleats.
- His dad owns his own gym.
- Several Big Ten schools wanted Swift, including Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines.