|Full Name:||Jared Thomas Goff|
|Place of Birth:||Novato, California|
|Parents:||Jerry, Nancy Goff|
Jared Goff Stats, Bio, Age, Net Worth, & Career
Jared Goff is a quarterback in the National Football League for the Los Angeles Rams. He was the top pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, and has gone on to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl appearance already in his career. Working with one of the best offensive minds in football, Goff may only be starting to reach his full potential as a pro football player.
Jared Goff Football Career
Jared Goff played his high school football at Marin Catholic High School in California. He played three varsity seasons at the school, and threw 93 touchdown passes during that time. Averaging over 30 touchdown passes per season, Goff helped the team win 39 of their 43 games played during his time running the offense.
He decided to stay in California to play college football, signing to join the Cal Golden Bears.
At the University of California, Jared Goff was named the starting quarterback for the team during spring practices ahead of his first season. He was the first true freshman quarterback in the history of the program to that point. His freshman season saw the team go 1-11, but Goff played well. He set Cal records for passing yards and completions. Given that the list of quarterbacks to play at Berkeley includes greats like Aaron Rodgers, making Cal history with a school record at quarterback is usually a sign of good things to come.
The team got better in his sophomore season, with Goff throwing for just under 4,000 yards en route to a 5-7 season. That season was highlighted by a 527 yard, five touchdown performance against Washington State. But it was his junior season where Goff solidified his status as a top prospect.
As a junior, Goff helped Cal earn their first winning season since 2011. His highlights from that season included a six touchdown performance against Oregon State, which earned him Pac-12 offensive player of the week honors. Goff’s 542 yard performance against Arizona State also earned him Pac-12 honors. He capped his junior season, and his Cal career, with a six touchdown performance in a win over the United States Air Force academy in the Armed Forces Bowl. When he was done, Goff topped the all-time list at Cal in passing yardage, touchdowns, attempts and completions.
Jared Goff was drafted with the first overall pick in the first round of the 2016 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams. He was drafted one spot ahead of Carson Wentz, who was taken by the Philadelphia Eagles. Both teams have reached the Super Bowl since drafting their respective quarterbacks, with the Rams electing to pair Goff with coaching superstar Sean McVay.
Goff sat for nine games as a rookie, with his rookie season opener as a starter coming in a 14-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins. He finished the season as the starter, leading the Rams in their final seven games in 2016. After a 2017 season that saw the Rams make the playoffs for the first time under Goff and McVay, 2018 was the best year in the recent history of the franchise.
Goff and the Rams made the Super Bowl in 2018, with Goff setting career highs in passing yardage with 4,688 yards and touchdowns with 32. The Rams knocked out the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints in the playoffs before falling short in Super Bowl LIII to the New England Patriots.
Goff and the Rams offense were held to three points in that game, putting a damper on Goff’s incredible season.
Jared Goff Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements & Career Earnings
Jared Goff signed a four-year deal worth $134 million with the Los Angeles Rams in 2019. Worth noting in that contract is the fact that $110 million of that money is guaranteed in the form of a signing bonus, roster bonus and guarantees to Goff’s annual salary. Goff is one of the five highest paid players in the NFL thanks to this contract, with the Rams showing faith in their first pick from 2016.
Goff has an estimated net worth of $30 million. In addition to his lucrative NFL contract, he has endorsement deals from brands including Pizza Hut, Nike, Red Bull and Bose. He also has his own clothing brand, JG16.
Jared Goff Personal Life
Jared Goff was born in Novato, California to parents Jerry and Nancy Goff. He has an older sister named Lauren.
Goff is dating model Christen Harper. He does not have any children at this time.
Awards & Achievements
Jared Goff Quotes
- On pressure from the media: “What people say on TV means nothing to me and it means nothing to anybody that’s actually playing football.”
- On red zone efficiency: “Rick Neuheisel was recruiting me and he told me something, and I’ll never forget it: he said you make your money in the red zone.”
- On taking control of an offense: “If you’re on a bus and going down a snowy mountain on Lake Tahoe, and the bus loses its brakes, where do you want to be sitting? Immediately you all think ‘in the back’. But in the front would be the correct answer, as a quarterback you want to be in control of it.”
Jared Goff Fun Facts
- Goff’s first career Super Bowl appearance came against Tom Brady, who won his sixth Super Bowl in that game. It was a battle of young versus old to say the least.
- Before making his professional debut with the Rams, Goff was a San Francisco 49ers fan. He wears number 16 as a result of cheering for Joe Montana as he grew up.
- Goff’s father played in Major League Baseball for the Expos, Astros and Pirates.
- He has been asked if he was one of the actors who was in Remember The Titans. He was not in that film.
- Despite being able to read defenses in real life, a teammate at Cal let the world know that Goff is not good at reading defenses in the Madden video game series.
Affiliate Disclosure: Lines may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook or betting site.