Last Modified: 02.25.2020
Welcome to Lines.com. We are committed to gaining and maintaining your trust by following a core set of privacy principles:
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use Lines.com Services, we collect a few different types, or "categories," of information. This information generally falls within three broad categories: (a) the information you provide to us, (b) the information we collect automatically when you use our services, and (c) information we obtain from other sources. We describe this information, and the primary purpose for which it is used, below. The full description of how we use the personal information we collect is also provided below.
Information You Provide To Us
Lines.com Services collects information you provide to us, including:
- Registration Information. When you register for certain services, complete any application form, or enter contests or competitions, we sometimes ask you for your name, email address, postal address, demographic information, and any preferences that you may have (e.g., which newsletters you would like to receive). We use this to provide access to certain Lines.com Services, personalize them, and remember your preferences.
- Billing and Payment Information. When you place an order with us or access a particular service, we will collect certain payment and identity verification information, including your name, email address, and credit card information. We use this to bill you for your use of the Lines.com Services.
- Information You Post on the Lines.com Services. We collect personal information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and references to your online presence. We make this information available to others, as you request.
- Information You Provide About Others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others — for example, to refer a friend to certain Lines.com Services. We use this to make the Lines.com Services available to the people you refer.
Information Collected Automatically Through Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers operating on our behalf, other businesses who collect information on our pages, may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of the Lines.com Services through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts or other technology. The information we collect automatically includes geolocation data, such as (a) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when you agree to allow an app to collect this) and (b) your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location. We use this information to ensure that the Lines.com Services work properly, and to deliver customized content and advertising, including personalized ads, to you.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
The Lines.com Services collect information about you from other sources, such as publicly available databases and other third parties that have the right to share your personal information. The categories of information we get from these other sources include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, used to contact you;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level, used to customize content and advertising, and learn about our audiences;
- Activity and usage information, including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising;
- Employment-related data, including information from a recruitment agency if you are applying for a job with us used to help us match applicants to open positions;
- Account and profile data from third-party sources. If you access third party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) through a Lines.com Service, or if you access a Lines.com Service through one of these services, we may receive your username and password for those services and other information available about you or collected from you on those services, used to customize content and advertising and learn about our audiences and the popularity of our content.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Make the Lines.com Services available to you, verify your identity when you log in, and remember your account settings.
- Bill you for subscription or other services for which there is a charge, and verify your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
- Respond to questions or concerns about your subscription or the Lines.com Services, and send you alerts and important updates about your account or the Lines.com Services.
- Send you updates and other offers, promotions, or updates for our products and services or the products and services of our advertising partners.
- Verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
- Provide content recommendations tailored to your tastes.
- Monitor and improve the operation, delivery, and general accessibility of the Lines.com Services.
- Verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently.
- Provide you with personalized advertising on some of the Lines.com Services based on your online activity.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Within the Lines.com Services and with the Lines.com family of brands. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you with the Lines.com companies so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Banks or Other Organizations In Connection with a Business Transfer. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Lines.com Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Regulators, Courts, Law Enforcement, and Other Governmental Authorities. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. There may be circumstances where the law requires us to disclose the information, or where disclosure is required to prevent a risk to health or safety, or for law enforcement purposes.
- Authorized Service Providers. We share your contact information with vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These Service Providers are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Audience Measurement Services. We share your information with audience measurement companies like Comscore and Nielsen that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
- Video Viewing Behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites.
- Sponsors and Other Partners for Sweepstakes, Contests, or Giveaways. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and others who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY CHOICES
You have certain options and rights related to the information we collect and how that information is used. While we must continue to collect and store certain information that is required to allow you to take advantage of certain features and services offered on Lines.com Services or to comply with legal, financial or other operational or regulatory requirements, your options for managing your information and privacy choices include:
- You can review and update your registration information through your account settings on the applicable Lines.com Services.
- You can opt out of receiving emails or text messages from particular Lines.com Services or other services or partners by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us directly through your account settings. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Lines.com Services.
- You can deactivate web and mobile push notification by changing the notification settings on your device for mobile and account settings for web.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Lines.com Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT ("CCPA")
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides consumers who are residents of the State of California with specific rights related to their personal information, subject to certain exceptions. It also requires us to disclose the information we collect, the purposes for which we collect it, and what we share and disclose.
The Personal Information We Collect and Why
The Personal Information We Share or Disclose
Right to Know
You have the right to ask us what personal information we have collected from you over the past 12 months. You may make such requests up to twice a year.
Right to Delete
You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information. In certain circumstances the law may not require or permit us to delete certain personal information, but if we cannot honor a deletion request, we will tell you.
Right to Opt-Out ("Do Not Sell")
You have the right to tell us not to disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in exchange for something of value. The CCPA refers to this as your right to say "Do Not Sell" my personal information. If you opt out of disclosure or transfer of your personal information, you may later opt-in again to having your personal information move more freely.
13-15 Year Olds
We automatically opt-out consumers whom we actually know are at least 13 and less than 16 years old. In the language of the CCPA, we "do not sell" their personal information unless they opt-in.
We may receive financial incentives for consumers to take any action or make any choices in using our services.
Exercising Your Rights
Right to Know and Right to Delete
You may ask us for the personal information we have about you, or ask us to delete your personal information, by emailing us at email@example.com. When you make a request online, we will verify your identity by sending you an email and asking you to respond.
If you ask what personal information we have received from you, and we cannot verify your identity, or if providing the information you have requested creates a security risk, we will give you a general description of the type of personal information we have about you.
If you ask us to delete your personal information, and we can’t verify your identity and confirm that you made the request, we will not be able to honor it. Generally, though, if we can confirm your identity and your request, we will delete, de-identify, or aggregate your personal information so it can no longer be associated with you. There are some reasons that the law may require or permit us to keep your personal information, however.
Opt-Out (Do Not Sell)
If you do not want us to disclose or transfer your personal information to a third party in exchange for something valuable, you may opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an authorized agent, you must make your request by emailing us at Privacy@lines.com and put the words "CCPA Requests, Authorized Agents" in the subject field. You also need to attach to your email proof that you are registered with the Attorney General, as required by law, and proof you have written authority to act for the consumer. You shall also provide the email address of the consumer you are representing so we can verify their identity, or provide documentation that you have power of attorney for the consumer pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465. We will not be able to honor requests without sufficient documentation that you are authorized to represent the consumer.
Requests made on behalf of a "Household"
If you would like to request personal information about your household, you may make your request by emailing us at Privacy@lines.com and putting the words "CCPA Household Request" in the subject field of the email. We will need to verify the members of the household, and in some cases, if a request raises security concerns for any household member, we may not be able to honor the request.
CALIFORNIA "SHINE THE LIGHT" LAW AND CALIFORNIA "ERASER" LAW
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a user of the website where this policy is posted, you may request removal of content or information you have publicly posted. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete removal from the Internet of the content or information you posted, and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal.
For all requests under the “Shine the Light” or “Eraser” Law, you must put the words “Your California Privacy Rights Shine the Light/Eraser Law” in the subject field of an email to email@example.com, and include the name of the Lines.com Branded Service for which you are requesting the information. You must also include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will accept requests to exercise these rights only by email with the proper subject line and complete and accurate information.
INFORMATION FOR NEVADA VISITORS
Nevada law requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. This information is limited to direct identifiers, such as your name, postal address, and email address. When Nevada consumers opt out of the sale of their information, website operators must ensure that the information is not sold to another business that will further license or sell the information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and you would like to opt out of any possible sale of this information, please contact us at privacy@Lines.com.
For all requests, you must put the statement “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your request. You must also include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information
We are headquartered in the United States and have affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Lines.com Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred and may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any Lines.com Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
PRIVACY PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
Most Lines.com Services are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions. Some Lines.com Services may ask for your full date of birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 in the United States or the appropriate age for services directed toward children as defined under applicable laws in other jurisdictions or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken when information has been collected from children under 18 or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction, if higher than 18.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Spike Up Media LLC
11661 San Vicente Blvd, Suite 810
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Attn: Legal Department
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concerns.