|Full Name:||Michael Lynn Evans III|
|Place of Birth:||Galveston, Texas|
|Parents:||Mike Evans Jr., Heather Kilgore|
Mike Evans Stats, Bio, Age, Net Worth, & Career
Michael Lynn Evans III is a wide receiver in the National Football League who plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Evans’ career has been full of prolific receiving seasons even if he has yet to enjoy the experience of playing for championships.
Thanks to his ability to stretch the field vertically, his teams are guaranteed to have a deep threat so long as he is on the field.
Mike Evans Football Career
Mike Evans went to Ball High School in his hometown of Galveston, Texas. While there, he played football, basketball and ran track. His senior year was the only year in which he played football. Evans made the most of that year, reeling in seven touchdowns in his first season as a high school football player.
That season was good enough to get him recruited by Texas A&M, where he opted to play his college football.
Mike Evans spent three years at Texas A&M. His first year was a redshirt year in 2011. His first season on the field came in 2012, in which he had 1,105 receiving yards. He was rewarded with freshman all-SEC honors for his production in that rookie campaign. In Evans’ second year on the field, his production only got better.
In year two, Evans had 69 catches for 1,394 yards and 12 touchdowns. Those 12 touchdowns were more than double what he had as a redshirt freshman. He set the Texas A&M school record for most receiving yards in a game with 287 against Auburn. And he was named an all-SEC first team selection as well as a first-team All-American.
Evans decided to go to the NFL Draft after the 2013 season and not compete in his final two years of college football.
Mike Evans was selected with the seventh overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Already, Evans has made a strong case to be remembered as a top Buccaneers player of all-time. He hauled in 12 receiving touchdowns in two of his first three seasons as a professional. And in his first six seasons, he had at least 1,000 yards receiving in each of them. Evans already holds the record for the most receptions by a player in Buccaneers’ history, having surpassed James Wilder in 2019.
Evans’ career took a turn in 2020, when Tom Brady decided to join the Buccaneers from the New England Patriots. The move prompted several offensive superstars to join the Bucs along with him.
With players like Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski joining the Buccaneers’ offense, Evans’ targets decreased even though the team enjoyed more success as a whole thanks to the more consistent quarterback play they got from Brady.
Mike Evans Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements & Career Earnings
Mike Evans signed a five year, $82.5 million deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2018. Evans has an estimated net worth of $69 million.
Evans does not have many endorsement deals under his belt, with the bulk of his earnings coming from his on-field work. But Evans is one of the highest-paid wide receivers in the NFL, so he can certainly live without the endorsement checks.
Mike Evans Personal Life
Mike Evans is the son of Mike Evans Jr. and Heather Kilgore. He has a sister as well. Evans’ family life comes with some tragedy, as his father was killed by uncle Sam Kilgore when Evans was a child.
Evans is married to Ashli Evans. The couple has two daughters and a son, who was born in December of 2019.
Awards & Achievements
2016, 2018, 2019
Mike Evans Quotes
- On being drafted by the Buccaneers: “I'm very excited to be in Tampa. If you watched the draft last night you saw me get emotional, kind of crying like a little baby. I didn't expect to do that, but realizing my dreams coming true, it finally hit me. I'm just really happy to be a Buc.”
- On his first impressions of Tom Brady: “Already up there as of my favorite teammates even though we’ve only had a few practices together. He’s trying to turn me into a living legend as well.”
- On losing: “At this point, I just, I ******* hate losing. Everybody's face, everybody's down in the locker room. I want to see everybody jumping up in the locker room, being happy. Against especially teams that we're better than.”
Mike Evans Fun Facts
- Mike Evans averaged 18 points per game on the basketball court in high school.
- Instead of sprinting like Tyreek Hill, Evans competed in the triple jump and long jump as a high school track athlete.
- Only Randy Moss has equaled Evans’ six straight 1,000 yard receiving seasons to start a career in the NFL.
- Evans ran a 4.53 40-yard dash, and has a 37-inch vertical leap according to his combine numbers.
- Evans averages 15.5 yards per catch for his career, averaging more than enough yardage for a first down each time he catches a ball.
Affiliate Disclosure: Lines may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook or betting site.