|Full Name:||Keenan Alexander Allen|
|Place of Birth:||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Parents:||Keith Allen, Dorie Maynard-Lang|
Keenan Allen Stats, Bio, Age, Net Worth, & Career
Keenan Alexander Allen is a wide receiver in the National Football League who plays for the Los Angeles Chargers.
A veteran receiver in the NFL, Allen has been with the Chargers through multiple cities and through multiple quarterbacks. His presence has been a constant in an offense that is regularly one of the more explosive in the league, with Allen having a lot to do with their success.
Keenan Allen Football Career
At Northern Guilford High School, Keenan Allen was a three-sport athlete. He played football and basketball and ran track as well.
On the football field, Allen was one of the best players in school history, being selected as an All-American in 2009. He was recruited as a five-star recruit at defensive back by schools, including Alabama. But he opted to go to California instead to play wide receiver.
Allen decided to go to Cal to play wide receiver and to play with his half-brother Zach Maynard who was a quarterback in Berkeley.
Allen got off to a strong start in his college football career, catching 48 passes and five touchdowns as a freshman. But it was his sophomore season where things took off.
Allen caught 98 balls for 1,343 yards and six touchdowns for the Golden Bears that year, as Allen earned the attention of pro scouts from that year on.
Keenan Allen was drafted with the 76th overall pick, in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers. He immediately played better than his draft position would have indicated, earning Offensive Rookie of the Year honors in 2013 with over 1,000 yards receiving and eight touchdowns.
Since then, Allen has consistently been one of the best receivers in the league, averaging over 10 yards per catch for each season he’s been in the pros. Allen missed half of the 2015 season and most of the 2016 season due to a kidney injury, but has been a model of consistency whenever he has been on the field.
Even with the San Diego Chargers becoming the Los Angeles Chargers, Allen has been a staple in the team’s passing game since 2013.
Keenan Allen Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements & Career Earnings
Keenan Allen signed a four-year, $80.1 million deal with the Los Angeles Chargers in September of 2020. Allen has an estimated net worth of $60 million, and it is likely to increase.
Even without a slew of paid endorsements, Allen is set up well financially thanks to his new contract.
Keenan Allen Personal Life
Keenan Allen is the son of Dorie Maynard-Lang and Keith Allen.
He is the half-brother of Zach Maynard, who he chose to go to Cal to play alongside on offense in college.
Allen is married to Ciandra Monique. The couple has two daughters and a son together.
Awards & Achievements
Keenan Allen Quotes
- On where he ranks among the NFL’s best receivers: “I do know, I’m probably the best. I am the best in the league. No question. I can do what those guys do. What they’re doing, I’m doing it. No question about it.”
- On a 2019 loss to the Denver Broncos: “No, I don't think they played well at all. We dominated the game. Turnovers, we gave them some points, and that's what happened. They suck.”
- On criticizing the defensive backs of the Kansas City Chiefs: “We just looked at their DB group, and I’ll just leave it at that. We’ve seen it.”
Keenan Allen Fun Facts
- Allen’s favorite food is lobster, though he doesn’t cook it himself. Allen prefers to cook simple dishes, according to his own assessment of his cooking abilities.
- Keenan Allen taught himself how to play the piano. He sings as well.
- Despite having the nickname Slayer, Keenan Allen is not a fan of the band Slayer.
- Keenan Allen has recorded one interception in his NFL career, which came in 2017.
- Allen has attempted one pass in his NFL career, which went incomplete. He has a career quarterback rating of 39.6 as a result.