|Full Name:||Chase Claypool|
|Place of Birth:||Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada|
|Parents:||Chris, Jasmine Claypool|
Chase Claypool Stats, Bio, Age, Net Worth, & Career
Chase Claypool is a wide receiver in the National Football League who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Though he is relatively new to professional football, Claypool has already shown a ton of promise and has made a name for himself quickly. As a member of one of the best organizations in the sport, the future looks bright for this product of Notre Dame.
Chase Claypool Football Career
In high school, Chase Claypool played football and basketball at Abbotsford Senior Secondary School. Claypool shattered school records, garnering attention from a number of high-quality football programs.
As a senior, he visited Notre Dame with Air Raid Academy founder Eddie Ferg and eventually made his decision to play his college football for the Fighting Irish.
At Notre Dame, Claypool appeared in at least 12 games in each of his four seasons as an Irish player.
His senior year was the year where things really took off for him. Claypool hauled in 66 balls for 1,037 yards and 13 touchdowns in his senior season, as he went from an unheralded special teams player in his freshman season to a major weapon by the end of his career in South Bend.
Chase Claypool was selected with the 49th overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, going in the second round to the Pittsburgh Steelers. As a rookie, Claypool made an immediate impact with the Steelers, joining a receiving corps that already had weapons such as Juju Smith-Schuster and Eric Ebron in it.
Claypool will have a hard time having a better game than the one he had against the Philadelphia Eagles in his rookie season. Claypool had four receiving touchdowns against Pittsburgh’s in-state rivals, helping him to get into double figures in receiving touchdowns in just his first season in the league.
Chase Claypool Net Worth, Salary, Endorsements & Career Earnings
Claypool signed a four-year rookie contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2020. The deal was worth $6.6 million.
Claypool doesn’t have any endorsements just yet, but should earn plenty of them in his career if he can continue to play the way he did during his first season as a pro.
Chase Claypool Personal Life
Chase Claypool was born in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada to his mother Jasmine and father Chris. He was one of five children along with three brothers, including an older brother, and an older sister.
As a teenager, he had to hear the news from his mom that he had lost his sister, and Claypool has said that he wants to achieve great things for her.
Chase Claypool Quotes
- On supporting a college teammate: “Just supporting a brother of mine. I think no one should have to go through that and I think he handled it really well. I think it's kind of silly that people put kids under that type of pressure and scrutiny after a tough loss.”
- On the combination of himself and Ben Roethlisberger: “7/11: always open.”
- On his love for his late sister: “I just want to make her proud.”
Chase Claypool Fun Facts
- Claypool’s 6’4”, 238-pound frame drew comparisons heading into the draft to Calvin Johnson, who was 6’5” and 239 pounds.
- Claypool is not the first Steeler from Canada, as kicker Shaun Suisham also hailed from there.
- More than 10 college football programs offered Claypool a scholarship to play for them before he chose Notre Dame.
- Among those colleges were the Oregon Ducks and Michigan Wolverines, both of whom are regular contenders to play in top bowl games along with the Fighting Irish.
- Claypool originally said that his choice was between Oregon and the Washington Huskies before the Irish came calling.
Affiliate Disclosure: Lines may receive advertising commissions for visits to a sportsbook or betting site.